2016 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report
It’s here! It’s here!
We are so excited to announce that the 2016 Association Email Marketing Benchmark Report is now available! Exclusively made for association marketers, this report will not disappoint. We have been working diligently to analyze nearly 2 billion emails sent in 2015 by associations to gather the metrics YOU need to evaluate your email marketing program.
The 6th annual report will help you understand what metrics to analyze, what goals to set, and how your email marketing program is performing in comparison to your peers.
Not only will you find easy to read charts and graphs on key email metrics but we’ve included a trending now section that highlights how top email marketers are staying ahead of the curve. (Hint: marketing automation, intelligent targeting and message relevance are where it’s at – wait until you see the results achieved!)
The key findings of the report include:
- The average email metrics for associations include a 98.28% delivery rate, 36% open rate and 16.14% click rate.
- 72% of email subscribers were sent 1-5 emails per month.
- Mobile usage of 41.17% surpassed desktop and web usage making mobile the most popular email client type.
- Emails containing 8 or more links represent 77% of the email sent volume.
- Audiences between 5,000-50,000 accounted for 63% of all emails sent, however the smaller the audience, the higher the open and click rates were.
- For the second consecutive year, emails sent during midday hours accounted for the largest percentage of emails sent as well as the highest click rates.
- The highest open rate of 37.38% was from emails sent at night.
- Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday had the highest email volume with an average open rate of 35.4%.
- Friday had the highest week day open rate at 37.43%
- Subject Lines with less than 40 characters have open rates that exceeded the 2015 benchmark of 36%.
- 65.7% of opened email had engagement for more than 10 seconds, which is an increase over last year’s metric of 61.9%.
- Mobile readers engage with emails longer than desktop readers with 67.1% of mobile readers spending longer than 10 seconds.
- Over 57% of emails are read on iPhones or in Outlook. iPhones are easily the most popular device, nearly doubling the next closest email client.
Ready to see how you compare? Download the full report here.
Find the report useful? We want your help sharing the benchmark report love by spreading the news about our most popular report for associations! Participate in our Rafflecopter giveaway below and you could win a $100 Amazon Gift Card!