Should I Create a Survey or Vote?
We’re big proponents of electronically polling members, donors, and partners for feedback, suggestions, and even votes. If you can eliminate paper surveys and voting ballots, and be a little more green, why not? Survey feedback is crucial to improve future events, modify your email communications, or improve any other programs you choose to survey on. Electronic voting can streamline the administrative process and encourage more responses because of its convenience for respondents. One of our clients saw member voting response increase by 56% and saved $2,480 and 35 hours of staff time by implementing and online voting campaign with email marketing!
Ready to see what your audience has to say, but not sure whether to use a survey or an election? Here are a few questions to ask yourself and our recommendation for how to proceed:
- Can respondents change their answers? Survey
- Can respondents only answer once? Vote
- Is the deadline a soft date? Survey
- Is there a chance that we might want to allow respondents to submit their answers again? Survey
- Is the deadline set in stone? Vote
- Can anonymous responses be submitted? Survey
- Do respondents need to be eligible to respond, or can anyone participate? Vote
- Do responses need to be confirmed? Vote
- Do you need visibility into the results before the end date? Survey
- Are you going to distribute results to subscribers? Vote
Take your surveys and elections a step further and integrate them with your email marketing. Check out the Informz Survey Module and Informz Voting Module to create efficiencies for your organization!